The Library of Liz

A spot for Liz's daily occurences and random thoughts.

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City &/or Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States

I'm a young student at the University of Utah who can't wait for good weather and at least one stress-free week (is there such a thing?).

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Energy:

the capacity of a physical system to do work, forceful exertion, enterprising or ambitious drive, a healthy capacity for vigorous activity, something Elizabeth Wilcox does not have right now.

Lately, I've been feeling somewhat . . . fatigued. Of course, that's not anything new, but it does make creative thinking difficult (and noncreative thinking, for that matter). I am writing a novel right now and I have done next to nothing with it in the past year, I haven't felt like coming up with any new poems, I haven't even felt like adding to my blog (as you may have noticed) or writing in my journal; my inspiration seems to have dried up along with my energy. Hopefully, I'll recharge this summer. And, if not, I'm going to begin training myself to accomplish more than the basics no matter how tired I am. Wish me luck!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drink lots of water. That will help you focus. (It's something I need to work on as well.)

I've been through a dry period. It's tough. I almost gave up writing altogether. Hopefully being away from the stress of school will help. Once you write something again, it will jumpstart and you'll feel so much better. If you need a prompt for a poem or something, let me know. :-)

6/05/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home