The Library of Liz

A spot for Liz's daily occurences and random thoughts.

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City &/or Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States

I'm a young student at the University of Utah who can't wait for good weather and at least one stress-free week (is there such a thing?).

Thursday, March 15, 2007



HAPPY SPRING BREAK
Spring has come, so I've been spending more of my time outdoors. As I strolled around Officers Circle, I couldn't help but think how beautiful it is here at Fort Douglas. I continually give thanks to my parents for giving me the opportunity to live here. I love the original fort buildings, the academic atmosphere, the mountains so close by, the small community feel only a twenty-minute Trax ride from downtown Salt Lake City. Right now, I love sitting on the rocking chair on my house's front porch. I love holding class on the temporary bleachers in Stillwell Field. I love the scent of damp, sun-drenched cement left after the sidewalk has been cleaned of salt. The University of Utah has its positive aspects and its not-so-positive aspects, and Fort Douglas is one of the best of the positive aspects here.


Still, it's nice to go home for a break and I am especially in need of a break right now. Yay! Spring Break has begun! (Well, for me anyway.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Nikki said...

I thought Spring came. But then Winter broke it. :(

Love your post. It was very descriptive and beautiful. Great pictures too. Write a limerick. Win a ducky.

3/15/2007  
Blogger feywriter said...

Enjoy your spring break! And get lots of writing done. ;-)

3/16/2007  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yes, write lots! If they don't keep changing our plans, I will be back in time for the June writers meeting and I expect to have lots of catching up to do!

3/16/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home