The Library of Liz

A spot for Liz's daily occurences and random thoughts.

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City &/or Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States

I'm a young student at the University of Utah who can't wait for good weather and at least one stress-free week (is there such a thing?).

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Dinner and Conversation

I can now say I've dined so late that the restaurant had closed by the time I left. We were actually locked in. I went to Lemon Grass in downtown Salt Lake to enjoy some Thai food (which I've never had before) and good company. John de Graaf, the guest speaker for my think tank's Pace of Life Fair, joined several of us from the think tank for dinner. I arrived at 7:10, and everyone showed up by 7:45 (parking problems--Jazz game). We had appetizers and a liesurely dinner, then proceeded on to dessert. I never knew fried bananas drizzled with honey, served with pineapple and coconut ice cream with fruit could taste so good. Also, I had a very interesting dinner. I was daring enough to try something new and had tom kha chicken soup. It was very different from anything I've ever tried before and, while I still prefer the foods I grew up with, I really liked it. I even ate the Asian mushrooms.

Anyway, I am now tired, well-fed and trying to remind myself that I have classes tomorrow (among other things) and I should really go to bed.

2 Comments:

Blogger feywriter said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I've never had Thia food (or been locked into a restaurant). That dessert sounds yummy.

4/12/2007  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE THAI FOOD!!!! WELCOME TO THE WORL OF OPPORTUNITY AND DELICIOUS FOOD! You'll have to tell me where this restaurant is - I want to go! There's a really good Thai restaurant at the Gateway (Thaifoon) that Adam took me to for my birthday. YUMMY! (You gotta try their "Heavenly Cake" - yep, that IS it's name!)

4/12/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home