The Library of Liz

A spot for Liz's daily occurences and random thoughts.

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City &/or Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States

I'm a young student at the University of Utah who can't wait for good weather and at least one stress-free week (is there such a thing?).

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Ok, I admit it. It is, yet again, far too late at night (eleven, I believe) and I should, by all rights, be sleeping. Yet, I have stayed up again--and not even to read Beowulf (should that be in quotation marks or italicized?). Instead, I stayed up late watching, of all things, BBC America. Now, this station has some of the weirdest shows you could imagine. Strange. Sick. Depraved. Very, very Odd. Yes, Odd with a capital O. Yet, there is the occasional surprise of a good show. Usually a show that you couldn't even begin to imagine would be good. This sort of surprise is what kept me up two hours later than I expected--I decided to see what a show called "Jekyll" was like. (Side note: I am typing faster than my computer can handle, and it's really weird to see the words appear a sentence behind. And to try to mix mistakes before I really see what they are.) "Jekyll", it turns out, is a very intriguing show based on the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. I read that novelette and was decidedly unimpressed, but this show was quite the opposite. I picked the right episode to catch--the season finale. I'm guessing of the first season, but I really haven't a clue. Anyway, I highly recommend it. I think it is good, not only very late at night but at any time of day. It kept me guessing right to the end, and not just because I missed all of the other episodes. Just goes to show you can't judge a channel by all of the Oddness that makes up the bulk of its programming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home