The Library of Liz

A spot for Liz's daily occurences and random thoughts.

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City &/or Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States

I'm a young student at the University of Utah who can't wait for good weather and at least one stress-free week (is there such a thing?).

Monday, September 24, 2007

20 Questions (well, make that a dozen)

Mary tagged me with this meme.



1. What I was doing 10 years ago: Let's see, ten years ago I was nine. That means I was in third grade--that's the grade that I struggled enough with that I ended up being home schooled for half the year. *Tries to remember all of what into that decision* I remember that they tried giving me more "challenging" spelling lists to make school interesting. It didn't work.



2. Five years ago: My first year as an abnormally young high school student had just begun. I was a sophomore at PG High. Go Vikings! (I actually went to all the assemblies that year.)



3. One year ago: I was a sophomore at the University of Utah, getting geared up for what would be my most stressful month of school thus far.



4. Yesterday: I slept in through the first hour of church and spent the second hour getting dressed and hurrying downhill on the ten minute walk to the institute building. I didn't get to bed before 2am Friday or Saturday and once I was in bed, I didn't get much sleep ... I made it to Relief Society, though! And I did my visiting teaching, even though my companion didn't show up. I also read some of Asher Lev and composed a piano piece.



5. 5 snacks I enjoy: Nutella on toast (mmm, Nutella), milk chocolate Lindor truffles, hot chocolate stirred with a peppermint stick, freshly baked cookies (particularly ones with chocolate chips), and monterey jack cheese melted on saltines.



6. 5 things I would do if I suddenly had $100 million: (Mary's answer: Buy a house, hire a maid, travel (see #7), buy a grand piano, and give some to family.) My answer: Buy a house, travel, buy a grand piano, give some to family, and get a masters from Oxford (yes, the college in England).



7. 5 locations I would like to run away to: The United Kingdom, Israel, Florence, Denmark, Sweden.



8. 5 bad habits I have: procrastinating, worrying too much, giving up too easily, sleeping in through my alarms, and worrying too much.


9. 5 things I like doing: Reading books, watching movies, playing games with friends and/or family, participating intelligently in discussions, and writing.



10: 5 TV shows I like: Heroes, Burn Notice, Psych, M*A*S*H, and Firefly.



11. 5 things I hate doing: becoming unstuck when I've hit a hard point in my novel, writing a paper when I feel uninspired, taking tests, saying "no, I just can't do that", pretending, getting out of bed when I'm sick, going to the doctor (any kind).



12. 5 biggest joys of the moment: reading truly great literature, writing something wonderful, getting a good grad (particularly when it's unexpected), unexpected good news, talking with friends, family time.

1 Comments:

Blogger feywriter said...

I'll have to get Burn Notice from Netflix if it comes out on DVD. Good answers for number 6. ;-) Hot chocolate is sounding pretty good today. Getting cool in the mornings. Thanks for doing the meme. Fun to see your answers. :-)

9/25/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home