The Library of Liz

A spot for Liz's daily occurences and random thoughts.

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City &/or Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States

I'm a young student at the University of Utah who can't wait for good weather and at least one stress-free week (is there such a thing?).

Thursday, September 20, 2007

End of 100 words/100 days Writing Challenge

I'm looking back on the past hundred days and I'm really glad I took this challenge. Even on the days that I didn't quite make it (yes, I missed a few in there somewhere), I was still thinking about my writing every day. I made a lot of progress on Tetiana and now I don't want to stop! I'm going to continue to write something every day, whether it be a poem, a chapter or an essay for school. Speaking of poems, I'm now on a sonnet kick. I've written five in the past week--and I want to write at least one more, preferably with a non-seasonal theme.

Oh, and tomorrow I'm planning on going to a gallery stroll (depending on whether or not I can talk anyone into going with me, and how much homework I've finished by then). One of the great things about living so close to downtown SLC is the great art/theatre/literature available. At least once every month, there is a gallery stroll. I've never really been to one and I've always wanted to, so I'm going. If anyone's interested (or just wonders what the heck a gallery stroll is), here's the information:

Guitarist and musician extraordinaire Gentry Densley will be performing live music for our September Joint Artist Gallery Stroll Gala Reception with dozens of artists from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Show runs from September 14th-29th and features dozens of artists who have shown work in our gallery over the last ten years, including: Leia Bell, Bob Bissland, Trent Call, Sri Whipple, Marc Buehner, Julie Hickson, Trent Harris, Scott Carrier, Eli Powell, Dana Costello, Neil Passey, Frank McEntire, Patrick Eddington, Trent Alvey, Jenkyn Powell, Susan Makov, Edward Bateman, Jann Haworth, Carel Peter Brest Van Kempen, Liberty Blake, plus Marcee and Ric Blackerby, and Mark and Leslie Knudsen with many others.
Full Press Release

Poster

5 Comments:

Blogger feywriter said...

Yay for completing the challenge! I still need to do my words for today. I didn't know about the gallery strolls downtown. Sounds neat. Hope you can find someone to go with you.

9/20/2007  
Blogger Supercool Mom said...

Go ahead and go alone...maybe you'll meet someone interesting!

9/20/2007  
Blogger lizbit said...

It's not so much that I need company--I just don't want to end up walking around downtown SLC all alone after dark. (Doesn't seem wise, exactly.)

9/21/2007  
Blogger Supercool Mom said...

So did you get to go? I just got around to checking back and was curious. They have the same kind of thing in downtown Phoenix on First Friday's and I've never gone for just that reason - not sure if I want to wander around downtown Phx, even with my husband (IF I could convince him to go)

10/08/2007  
Blogger lizbit said...

No, I didn't end up going. Maybe this month, if I can round up a group of people ... it seems a shame to miss out on all the great, free events the city has to offer, but sometimes it's not worth the risk. :)

10/08/2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home