The Library of Liz

A spot for Liz's daily occurences and random thoughts.

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City &/or Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States

I'm a young student at the University of Utah who can't wait for good weather and at least one stress-free week (is there such a thing?).

Friday, June 30, 2006

One of my favorite books is Peter Pan and the author, Sir James Matthew Barrie, said some pretty inspiring things. A quote by Barrie that I read recently was very inspiring to me and I'd like to share it:

The life of every man is a diary in which he means to write one story, and writes another, and his humblest hour is when he compares the volume as it is with what he vowed to make it.

I hope to make my life as close to the story I mean to write as possible.

Here's another quote I just came across by another favorite author (Francis Hodgson Burnett, who wrote The Little Princess and The Secret Garden):

“At first people refuse to believe that a strange new thing can be done, then they begin to hope that it can be done, then they see that it can be done - then it is done and all the world wonders why it was not done centuries ago.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home