The Library of Liz

A spot for Liz's daily occurences and random thoughts.

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City &/or Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States

I'm a young student at the University of Utah who can't wait for good weather and at least one stress-free week (is there such a thing?).

Thursday, August 10, 2006

It's official: my brain has died.

I can't even remember what I was going to write here anymore . . . The advent of Fall Semester has increased my level of chronic anxiety to the point that I can hardly function. (The textbook fiasco, which I may divulge here at some point, really helped boost the worry level, too.) I also had a great scare when all but one page of my 141-page long novel-in-progress Tetiana disappeared. Thankfully, it wasn't too hard to copy and paste things together from my back-up files, but the initial scare was nearly heart-stopping.

I'm trying to think of what "quality of life" means to me so that I can share in the "go-around" scheduled for the first day my Think Tank meets. I'm also supposed to share my hopes for the course. Any ideas/tips? My definition of "quality of life" is still kind of hazy and I have no idea what we hope to accomplish by devoting an Honors Think Tank to the subject. I'd love any input (before August 23rd would be best!).

Anyway, I'll let you know if I ever remember what I was going to say here. Until then, fare-thee-well! TTFN! Shalom! and all that.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. Quality of Life. Well, there's the physical quality, standards of living and such. But you can have all the physical necessities and still have a crappy life. I think the mental/spiritual/emotional quality of life is more important. It's a persons attitude and the people around them that really determine how happy or well off a person is. Anyway, that's my 2-cents.

Did the text book thing get straightened out? I can understand the terror of losing your book. I about died when my hard drive crashed, and I don't have nearly as much written as you do. Glad you got it all back. Love you! *hugs*

8/11/2006  
Blogger Dakrat said...

To me, Quality of Life can best be described as a subjective measure of ones ability to achieve comfort/contentment of living through satisfaction of such basic necessities as food, shelter, clothing, safety, belonging/love, and even diversion.

8/15/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home