The Library of Liz

A spot for Liz's daily occurences and random thoughts.

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City &/or Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States

I'm a young student at the University of Utah who can't wait for good weather and at least one stress-free week (is there such a thing?).

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

A Day in the Life

Today has been quite full for me. After classes, I finished all of my homework for Wednesday (which was considerable) and I went to a session of the Hell and the Afterlife Conference, following which I took Trax down to the SLC Library. I got there with just enough time to grab something to eat at the cafe. Sitting there in the library, eating and drinking some excellent Indian Peppermint tea, while I read a great book, I couldn't have felt more literary and I loved it. After that refreshing break (one of those experiences that makes me grateful I'm a college student) I headed up to the level 4 conference room, which I'm lucky I could even find, where I attended a short orientation for those volunteering at the Great Salt Lake Bookfest on Saturday. I'll be volunteering there from three to seven. There were only five volunteers there (a very sad showing), but I'm glad I went. While there, I got to talking with the only other volunteer who is a student at the U. Anyway, it turned out she lives on campus, too, and she offered to give me a ride back. We visited the Fall Book Sale before leaving the library and I got three books for 75 cents. On the way back to the U, we stopped at Smiths (she needed ice for her roommate, who just had surgery, and I needed some candy to contribute to my house Halloween party). Anyway, it was a very full but excellent day. I'm trying to be so positive and involved that I don't die of anxiety and stress these next two weeks. Wish me luck and a cheerful outlook. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home