The Library of Liz

A spot for Liz's daily occurences and random thoughts.

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City &/or Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States

I'm a young student at the University of Utah who can't wait for good weather and at least one stress-free week (is there such a thing?).

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Now Announcing Another Brilliant Idea from ME (Mary & Elizabeth . . . maybe EM would sound less egotistical . . .) : The Wilcox Writers

Basically, Mary and I (Mary, mostly, she being the brilliant one) realized that many of our siblings (us included, of course) write. This naturally led to the idea of gathering every so often (weekly, preferrably) with those who are in Utah to talk about writing, read each others work, share ideas, etc. Of course, once we thought of that it was only a small step to the idea of a newsletter--that way even those who live out-of-state could be involved. This is really very exciting to me. I both love writing and know how talented my siblings are. Knowing how much encouragement and help I need to keep working on my novel-in-progress, Tetiana, I am thrilled that we will all be encouraging each other to write more often and helping each other improve. Anyway, I hope this all makes sense. It's after my bedtime and it has been a long week. (Don't worry, I'm still lucid enough to know it's only Tuesday. It's still been a long week.) I should probably sleep now . . .

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weekly would be great, but I think monthly is more realistic. ;-) Joanna is excited about it, so it's officially good to go! It will probably be a bit till we hear from our out-of-state siblings. Once Jo is here we'll have to plan our first meet. :-D Yay for our good ideas! Keep writing!

8/29/2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you've got an awesome idea! So, just between reading your blog and Mary's blog, which two siblings don't write?

8/30/2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home