The Library of Liz

A spot for Liz's daily occurences and random thoughts.

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City &/or Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States

I'm a young student at the University of Utah who can't wait for good weather and at least one stress-free week (is there such a thing?).

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Rambles of a College Student

You may recall my large Disney purse--you know, the one that features a collage of Disney characters and is actually large enough to hold a binder, a notebook and a couple texts for classes. Well, today my bag was not big enough for all I had to carry and I was forced to abandon it in favor of a messenger bag. I had almost forgotten how painful heavy bookbags can be. I'm used to the weight of my Hebrew textbook, but add the three additional books I have today plus all my supplies and it's like I'm back in High School, only I don't have a locker and I have much farther to walk. I pity all of those students who are in majors where they have to lug around more than one textbook all day. I shudder at the thought of the damage they are doing to their spine, wince at the thought of their pain (if my current pain is any judge of what they may be feeling--it's quite possible that I'm just a wimp), shy away from the thought that they will probably never see a chiropractor about their troubles (what student could afford that?). I also just really miss by Disney purse today. I do vow, however, never to be like the few women I see who carry a huge messenger bag or backpack and a small, fashionable purse. I mean, when one of your bags could fit in the other one you really don't need them both. Anyway, that's my ramble for the day--now I should actually do something productive. Shalom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home