The Library of Liz

A spot for Liz's daily occurences and random thoughts.

Name:
Location: Salt Lake City &/or Pleasant Grove, Utah, United States

I'm a young student at the University of Utah who can't wait for good weather and at least one stress-free week (is there such a thing?).

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Tonight I went to see La Traviata at Capitol Theatre and thoroughly enjoyed the production. The only downside of the evening was that I went by myself. Even so, I managed to get there and back without any difficulties. Thank goodness for Trax! I'm so stressed I can't think right now and it was a great relief to take an evening to relax and enjoy the wonderful music and the great production of an opera by Verdi. An added bonus--my ticket was only $5 because I'm an Honors student and I managed to get a seat that would have cost around $30. I even enjoyed the sets and lighting of this opera and when the singers who had portrayed the main characters received a standing ovation, they actually deserved it. Yep, being a student at the U has its perks sometimes . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home